Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Semi-random stuff...

It was quite some time since I last posted, and I still don't have anything coherent to say, just a collection of semi-random observations:

- Check out Infinite Armies. Excellent idea and good value. It still have some balance issues but I happen to know that an updated version is in the works. It will be free for owners of the original. If you read Fenix* you will get a review by me in the next issue.

- Daily previews seems like the standard method of hype building for White Wolf. Next up to get the treatment is Racer Knights of Falconus. The new homepage launched today. I haven't played any of these new "constructible card games", but this one looks kind of fun.

- Last week we started a new RPG chronicle. It is Fading Suns but with rules from the Swedish game Skymningshem: Andra Imperiet* (Twilighthome: The Second Empire). We play an expedition examining an old space station. This is supposed to be a short chronicle finishing in 6-7 short weekly sessions. I'm not game master for this one.

- I'm getting more and more tempted to visit Dragonbane, even thou I normally don't attend fantasy larps. The more I read about it the more certain I get that it will be something really special.

- Matti Paalanen have managed to leave Teosto, the Finnish organization managing payments for public performance of music. His nice background music is back online. I have updated the links in my original post.

That's all for now. I'm quite sure I have forgotten something, but I'll have to get back on it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonas Barkå said...

For some reason the old Racer Knights website seems to be back up...

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jonas Barkå said...

...and now the new one is there again!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jonas Karlsson said...

On "Racer Knights", what's a constructible card game?

12:55 AM  
Blogger Jonas Barkå said...

It is a game where you build a miniture from plastic pieces punched out from a card. Wizards of the Coast coined the term with their Pirates of the Spanish Main. They have recently releases a new game with the same idea called Rocketmen.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home