Sunday, April 24, 2005

A tide of Darkness

During the last year I have written a couple of articles on White Wolf games for the Swedish rpg magazine Fenix. Right now it seems like there'll be many more to come. Until now Fenix tried to have a policy of not making reviews. The reason for this was their close cooperation with Swedish rpg companies and the problems of reviewing when not totally independant. In reality there was already lots of "review like" articles in the magazine.

I am not yet sure exactly why, but this policy is about to change. What I do know is that I got sent three WW products to review: Werewolf the Forsaken, Lancea Sanctum and Bloodlines the Hidden, and it looks like I will rewiew most of the upcoming World of Darkness books. Lots of time will be spent writing reviews, thats for sure. Sven is a bit worried this will divert to much energy from the artsy experimental freeform we usually discuss. Will I be able to combine mainstream rpgs with the art? Only time will tell...

I got plans to post my old articles on the web, adding the new reviews a month or two after apperaring in the printed magazine. If you do not read Swedish this will be pretty useless to you as the only thing I got in English is an interview with Vampire developer Justin Achille. Of course I got lots of other plans too and as usual not enough time to realise them all.

Next time I will complain about Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. And yes, I got a gaming angle on it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sven Holmström said...

I wouldn't say arty. Just stuff I like more. On the other hand, that is what is really important.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jonas Barkå said...

That was a small exaggeration compared to some of the stuff on you blog :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Sven Holmström said...

Exaggeration is to truth as Nordic larp is to American rpg (i.e. more oomph).

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home